One of the most exciting tourist attractions in the World, Stingray City in Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands is the experience of a lifetime!
A Stingray City snorkel trip in Grand Cayman will be the highlight of your vacation. Enjoy this unique experience of touching and feeding a Stingray, together with snorkeling amongst magnificent coral reefs and colorful tropical fish.
The Stingray City Sandbar in Grand Cayman is lots of fun and suitable for everyone of ALL ages . Standing in only three feet of water you will be surrounded by more than two dozen friendly Stingray’s.
From the moment you step aboard you’ll be greeted by a warm welcome from a friendly crew who will assist you in any way possible to make your Stingray City & Snorkel excursion in Grand Cayman the most exciting and fun tour of your vacation.
Stingray City in Grand Cayman is the experience of a Lifetime!
Grand Cayman & the Cayman Islands information
Cayman’s safe and picturesque island is famous for it’s powdery white beaches, crystal clear water and it’s wide variety of activities. The many attractions available in Grand Cayman for the Visitor include Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Stingray City, Submarine rides, Fishing, the Turtle Farm, Botanical Gardens, Horseback riding, Golf and Duty Free shopping.
- Location: Grand Cayman and it’s Sister Islands, Little Cayman and Cayman Brac lie 480 miles South of Miami and 180 miles West of Jamaica. It is 22 miles long and upto 4 miles wide.
- Population: approx. 36,000 (majority in Grand Cayman)
- Language: English
- Currency: Cayman Island Dollar & US Dollar are both accepted.
- Capital: George Town, Grand Cayman
- Climate: The Cayman Islands enjoy warm tropical weather with average temperatures ranging from 78f to 82f
- The Government: The Cayman Islands are a British Crown Colony with a Governor appointed by the British Government and residing in Grand Cayman
- Dress: Generally, dress in Cayman is casual. Shops, hotels, and fast food outlets will insist on a cover-up/shirt and shoes to enter their establishment. No topless or nude sunbathing is permitted in Cayman.
- Driving: Driving in the Cayman Islands is on the left side of the road and seatbelts are mandatory.
- Business Hours: Most stores in Cayman are open Mon-Sat from 9am to 5pm. Banks and offices are open Mon-Fri from 9am to 5pm.
- Time: The Cayman Islands are on Eastern Standard Time all year round. There is no daylight savings time in Cayman
- Safety: The Cayman Islands have a very low crime rate due to its excellent economy, however it is still wise to take precautions such as not leaving valuables on the beach or in the car.
- Money: The Cayman Islands has it’s own Cayman Island Dollar. Many Stores and operations within the Cayman Islands will quote products in Cayman Island Dollars (CI$) and American Dollars (US$). Both currencies are accepted anywhere.
- One American Dollar is the equivalent to 80 cents Cayman Island Dollar. Cayman Islands currency converter.
- Credit Cards: MasterCard, Visa and American Express cards as well as traveler’s checks are widely accepted in Grand Cayman, Cayman Brac & Little Cayman.
- ATMs: ATM’s that accept Visa and MasterCard with Cirrus affiliation are located at most banks and at the airport.
- Taxis: The taxi stands are located at the cruise ship terminal in George Town, Grand Cayman and at various hotels along Seven Mile Beach.