Western coast of Istria
ACI marina Rovinj lies on the south-eastern side of the town port with the most magnificent view of Rovinj. It is surrounded with pine woods, only 1 km from the town center. The coast of St. Katarina Island provides shelter from all winds. The Marina is open all year round.
The Marina has 407 berths and 40 dry berths. All berths have water and power supply. The Marina is equipped to receive up to 60 m long mega yachts.
Reception desk with an exchange office, ATM, caffe-bar, laundry, massage salon, food store, nautical equipment store, sailing clothes shop, charter agencies, new toilet facilities, toilet facilities for the disabled, parking area, maintenance and repair shop and a 10 t capacity crane. The Marina also has a WLAN Internet system. The nearest petrol station is located in the northern part of the town port, some 0.3 nautical miles from the Marina (sea depth up to 4 m).
The Marina is well connected with the European highway network via modern road infrastructures. The international Pula airport is some 40 km faraway. Not far is the international airport of Trieste (90 km). Distances: Milan – 520 km, Graz – 370 km, Vienna – 555 km and Munich – 610 km.
From the sea one can recognize Rovinj by the bell tower of the church of St. Euphemia standing on the hill in the middle of the peninsula, as well as the St. Katarina Island beneath the very town. Cape St. Euphemia is a marked by a lighthouse (Fl 4s 19m 7M) which can be used as a way point (45°05,0’ N 13°38,0’E). ACI marina Rovinj can be approached between St. Katarina Island and the town harbor breakwater. At the head of the breakwater is a lighthouse (Fl R 3s 7m 3M). Between the lighthouse and St. Katarina Island there is a shoal marked by a yellow-black conical buoy that has to be rounded from north. If we approach the marina from the south, we should hold to the marina breakwater which on its end is marked by a green lighthouse (Fl G 5s 7m 5M).
Note: Official navigational charts recommended (Official Navigational Charts – publisher HHI Split): 100-15, 100-16, MK-2, MK-3 and Plan 11.
In the Area:
Rovinj, on the western coast of Istria, is one of the most developed seaside resorts in Croatia . The town was built on an island that was later connected to the mainland in 1763 to create a peninsula. The old town remains very picturesque and is surrounded by a pine forest. Venetian control of the city, from 1283 until 1797, is apparent in the architecture of Rovinj. There are numerous islands off the coast, including Red Island (Crveni otok) and St. Catherine (Sveta Katarina ).
The Rovinj coastline has many beaches, hotels, tourist villages, campsites and sports facilities. The Baroque church of St. Euphemia (Sv. Eufemija ), erected in 1736, dominates the town, while the oldest monument is the heptagonal Romanesque chapel of the Holy Trinity (Sv. Trojstvo ) from the 13th century.